Friday, January 31, 2014

January Post! - Always Finding a Way

Hey guys, I want to say, right off the bat, that this month has been a lazy month for me. I have only trained three times this month at my training center most recently because of a recent surgery I had but also due to bad time management on my part. Regardless, I haven't been completely unproductive this month.

Because my testing for Blue Belt is near, I have to be in better shape and soon. Not only physically in body endurance and conditioning but through knowledge in technique. I've said constantly throughout my project that technique is one of the stronger priorities for a fighter over strength or speed and frankly, most of what my Blue Belt evaluation focuses on is actually on technique. Since the only way to better technique is through repetition and example though perfect execution I simply relied on a souvenir that my brother brought back from the Academy in Torrance. The Entire Curriculum of Gracie Combatives on DVD as shown by the third generation Gracie Brothers Rener and Ryron Gracie.

This whole collection is basically my mentorship on DVD. Every lesson I have learned is perfected in these lessons and breakdowns and for me it is a backup plan when AP Calc or senioritis get me distracted. Right now I am performing lessons I have only one lesson experience with like, "Punch Block Series (1-4) Guard" and "Taking the Back Guard."

It hurts not being able to make training with everyone else but in order to make up for it I choose to learn on my own and be ready the next time I head over. Unfortunately, I still have to sit through next week though class because of my reco
very but after that, I plan to be hitting
the mats and rolling against others.

No comments:

Post a Comment