Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project: The Holiday

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you over the break with your senior project?
-As my extra blog post suggested, I practiced Jiu-Jitsu with my brother. My school closes during the winter break because my teacher wants to give us family time but luckily for me, it reopened this week. My brother, as said in my blog comes down for winter break and summer break and when he comes over, we always try and have brotherly love fights. He learned Jiu-Jitsu from the East Coast and I learned from the West (obviously) but either way, we learned from different mentors and by doing so, we have different fighting styles. We normally sparred and broke down our technique after one of us tapped. It was rare for us to not spar in a day so I continuously gained practice. However now that my school reopened, I can now train there!

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?
-Well one technique that I grew fond of was a cross choke from side control. It was a weird technique that I didn't suspect when my brother tapped me out with it. Basically what it is is a arm blade choke that uses both arms; one to grab the opposite side gi and one to perform the neck slice. Because one arm normally grabs your gi in side control, I did not expect the submission as I thought it was normal and so it became a sneaky adversary. He kept on using it on me over break and so now I believe iv'e bettered my defences against it.

3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?
-I made it a goal early in the year to get an interview from one of the Gracie descendants since the beginning of this project and better yet they are most knowledgable of the subject and are based in Torrance so why not! The problem is that they're the Gracies and one does not simply go in and ask for an interview. Either way that is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment