Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Content:


LIA Response to blog:
    Literal
·     Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties updated on the right hand side of your blog
-I will not be able to complete my fully amount of mentorship until Thursday. The completed log will be posted then.
·     Contact Name and Mentorship Place
-Jorge Balares of La Puente Gracie Combatives
    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
-So what I value most of mentorship is applying all that I have learned through my research. Philosophy that I learned in my beginning stages of mentorship was able to be applied in my beginning stages and thus it helped me become a better fighter. Throughout this senior project with mentorship I have been able to spar with a more focused mind and apply all that I've learned through books and interpret that in my actions.
   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.
- Books can only take you so far, and thankfully I have been able to keep practice at a constant. My EQ of how can Gracie Jiu-Jitsu best train a fighter to 'Not Lose' in a sparring session can only be truely solved through personal experience due to the fact that no book can answer that specific question. In my mentorship, I learn techniques and apply what I learn and that in turn lets me become better at sparring, at reflection, and thus lets me answer my own EQ through my own relations and approved answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment