Friday, April 25, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

LITERAL
(a) Statement saying: “I, student name, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
-"I Bryan Posada, affirm that I have completed my Independent Component which represents 30 hours of work."
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component
-"My whole Independent Component was to train; become a better fighter to understand my EQ better and thus gain more understanding for my answers and my project overall. For training, I learn through both my CTC (Certified Training Center) and through my collection of Gracie Combatives lessons. The main difference between my 1st Independent Component and this one is that now I have been studying through Gracie University, an Online database that includes Blue belt instruction. Slowly, my mentor/instructor Jorge has been granting me access to higher level techniques that is only granted to higher level students. In all Mentorship combined with Gracie Combatives and Gracie University have been my training reptuars.
(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log.
-DONE SON
(d) Explanation of what you completed
-Basically, its how I said it in 'b' All I did was train. Much of what I learned in Gracie University were actually takedowns and stand up techniques. The beginner white belt curriculum usually doesn't teach these because the Gracie's want the learner to gain pure knowledge of basics before developing crooked reflexes. For Gracie Combatives DVDs, all i did was put on the DVD and listen to Ryron and Rener teach a regular Combatives course step by step. I used these for clarification and simply knowing what was right and wrong.

INTERPRETIVE 
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  

(I WILL POST RIGHT NOW)


APPLIED
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped. 
-Well a lot of what I struggled with was this time sticking to basics. iwrote in my isearch paper that this was key inorder to learn more advanced techniques however i was being hypocritical and whenever i had the chance i learned more advanced stuff i wasnt know yet and probably wasnt supposed to know and taught myself. I made myself make bad habits and in doing so I made simple mistakes whenever i sparred. Everytime i was in guard i tried to go into butterfly guard and i was susceptible to being mounted. Then when i was typing this respose to my i search i realized my mistakes and grew from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment