Monday, February 10, 2014

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection

Content:
1. Positive Statement (What are you most proud of in your Lesson 2 Presentation and why?)


-Well as a starter, I think that my 30 minute was a positive outcome. I knew all my information and sources but my problem last night was just creating the poster and power point, which, in the end came out well. I am most proud that I was able to show some people how to "Shrimp" and to my surprise even saw Allie using it on Nathan when he tried to tie her shoes together. It was a simple technique but it is necessary in stand up and ground transitions.

2. Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?

 -I expected a P but thankfully, earned an AE
b.     Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.
-I believed I earned that grade because I, for one, met all grading criteria for P consideration and did go above and beyond by creating an aesthetically pleasing poster, and creating a video not only for my activity but also for background knowledge of what situation my answer was addressing. I taught a simple yet effective activity too.

3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?

-THAT I GOT AN AE. LOL. But no in all seriousness I was glad that I was able to address most of the answer that I expected to cover. What worked was that I finished everything in one night and fit in practice so that I was prepared to say my answer and sources in correct format. 

4.  (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?

-Well I would have spent fewer minutes on my foundation as, looking back at it, was a bit longer and repetitive than I would've planned. Also, what I found difficult was teaching everyone a Jiu-Jitsu technique that not everyone knew how to do. I could have been clearer in my explanation and maybe by doing that, it could have lets me apply my activity to everyone towards the end and maybe even show off my victory from BBQ.

5. Finding Value
What do you think your answer #2 is going to be? 

- From the looks of it, I will have some sort of answer addressing how GJJ allows the fighter to fight against other ground style opponents? I felt that this answer focused more on tackling the problem of a stand up attacker and now I need to focus on the ground...because then again that's what GJJ is all about. I do need to work on the wording though :P

No comments:

Post a Comment