Thursday, October 3, 2013

Independent Component 1 Approval

1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
-Well, as i am doing covering the topic of Jiu-Jitsu for my senior project, my only form of applying my skill is to actually practice in my class. This includes learning my daily lesson my mentor gives and actually applying it by sparring/rolling on my friday "Open Mat" class where the whole class is dedicated to fighting each other. I will be doing this as both my mentorship and Independent, switching off on hours.

2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
-Photographs will be my main source of evidence. Also, every day i go into class, there are attendance cards the instructor signs which basically prove i was practicing on those certain days. A copy of course would be shown as evidence. Videos can also be a source, as in December i will be eligible for promotion in which i must send in a video to the Torrance academy showing my growth in the practice.

3.  And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
-Jiu-Jitsu isnt a topic that can only be studied in factual and literal books. The art is an applied art and thus in order to better yourself, you must practice. Thinking about it i think that my independent component will help me as a Jiu-Jitsu practitioner more than any research i can view or book i can read. The plus side to this component is that through my application of techniques i can look up research on the Grandmaster's theory regarding that technique or general tips from that position.


No comments:

Post a Comment